IntelliTec Colorado Springs Now Offers Computer Network Systems Technician AOS Degree Program
The world of business today is technological; everything depends upon computers, and businesses small and large rely on them. The global COVID-19 pandemic has only increased the reliance on technology, and information technology workers have remained in high demand despite the tumultuous overall economy. In industries ranging from healthcare to finance to military science, demand remains high for IT professionals who have the skills and knowledge to install, troubleshoot, and repair computers and their networks. To help meet this demand, IntelliTec Colorado Springs has added a new Associate of Occupational Science (AOS) Computer Network Systems Technician degree program. With IntelliTec, you can train to enter this growing field in as few as 19 months!
The field of Information Technology remains one of the fastest growing sectors of the American economy, even during the economic upheaval caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the economic slowdown caused by the global pandemic, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment of IT professionals is projected to continue to grow, adding thousands of well-paying jobs to the economy. In May 2020, the BLS found that the average income for network and computer systems administrators was $71,040, which is significantly higher than the median annual wage for all occupations (BLS, 9/6/21).
If an IT career with a high potential for growth interests you, IntelliTec College has the program for you! IntelliTec Colorado Springs’ new Associate of Occupational Science, Computer Network Systems Technician (CNST) degree program can be completed in as few as 19 months. IntelliTec is a CompTIA authorized academy and is accredited through the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The CNST is a hands-on program, taught by experienced industry professionals and designed to teach students the skills needed to be successful in a variety of IT careers. At IntelliTec, students learn to:
- Build, upgrade, maintain, diagnose & troubleshoot computer hardware and software
- Design, implement, and manage network infrastructure
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques and tools to effectively and efficiently resolve computer and operating systems issues
- Solve systems and network connectivity issues and implement security practices
- Install, configure, administer, and manage Windows Server systems
- Operate and administer computer systems running on Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms, including writing scripts in a shell environment
- Understand network security fundamentals
- Develop end user support knowledge and processes
The CNST program is a full associate degree program, and requires 90-credit hours to complete. There are General Education courses required, including IntelliTec’s Career and College Readiness course, as well as courses in business, leadership, and critical thinking.
IntelliTec’s CNST program is designed to prepare graduates to test for a portfolio of relevant professional certifications upon completion of the program. These certifications are recognized throughout the industry and highly valued by employers. IntelliTec prepares students to test for the following certifications:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+ Certified Technician- Hardware and Software
- CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA Cloud+
- Microsoft Technology Associate — Server and Linux Essentials
If you have excellent problem-solving skills and are excited about working with new technology, an IT career may be a good choice for you! IntelliTec Colorado Springs’ new Computer Network Systems Technician AOS degree program can get you started in this growing field in just 19 months. Contact us today to speak with one of our friendly Admissions Representatives, who can answer your questions and even help you begin the enrollment process. If you are interested in an information technology career, you can make your career goals happen, with training from IntelliTec College!