IntelliTec College – Grand Junction to Offer New Computer Systems Technician Certificate Program
Industries across the globe rely heavily upon technology in today’s world of business – nearly everything depends on computers and it is critical to have well-trained staff to ensure this crucial infrastructure is properly functioning.
The global COVID-19 pandemic only increased this reliance on technology, and information technology workers remained in high demand throughout the pandemic, despite the tumultuous overall economy. In industries ranging from healthcare to finance to military science, demand has remained high for IT professionals who have the skills and knowledge to install, troubleshoot, and repair computers and their networks. To help meet this demand, IntelliTec College – Grand Junction is adding a new Computer Systems Technician certificate program. With IntelliTec, you can train to enter this growing field in as few as 12 months!
The field of Information Technology remains one of the fastest growing sectors of the American economy, even throughout the economic upheaval caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the economic slowdown caused by the global pandemic, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported that employment of IT professionals is projected to continue to grow, adding thousands of well-paying jobs to the economy. In April 2022, the BLS reported employment in computer and information technology occupations will grow 13 percent from 2020 to 2030, and is projected to add about 667,600 new jobs to the American economy (BLS).
If an IT career with a high potential for growth interests you, IntelliTec College has the program for you! IntelliTec Grand Junction’s new Computer Systems Technician (CST) certificate program is 61.5-credit hours, and can be completed in as few as 12 months. IntelliTec College is a CompTIA authorized academy and is accredited through the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). CST is a hands-on program, taught by experienced industry professionals and designed to teach students the skills needed to be successful in a variety of IT careers. At IntelliTec, students learn to:
- Build, upgrade, maintain, diagnose & troubleshoot computer hardware and software
- Design, implement, and manage network infrastructure
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques and tools to effectively and efficiently resolve computer and operating systems issues
- Solve systems and network connectivity issues and implement security practices
- Install, configure, administer, and manage Windows Server systems
- Operate and administer computer systems running on Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms, including writing scripts in a shell environment
- Understand network security fundamentals
- Develop end user support knowledge and processes
IntelliTec College’s CST program is designed to prepare graduates to test for a portfolio of relevant professional certifications upon completion of the program. These certifications are recognized throughout the industry and highly valued by employers. IntelliTec prepares students to test for the following certifications:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+ Certified Technician- Hardware and Software
- CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA Linux+
- Microsoft Technology Associate — Windows Server
If you have excellent problem-solving skills and are excited about working with new technology, an IT career may be a good choice for you! IntelliTec College – Grand Junction’s new Computer Systems Technician certificate program can get you started in this growing field in just 12 months. Contact us today to speak with one of our friendly Admissions Representatives, who can answer your questions and even help you begin the enrollment process. If you are ready to start your Computer Systems Technician career, make your career goals happen, with training from IntelliTec College!