Get the Skills to Be a Professional Automotive Technician in Albuquerque
18 Month* Hands-On Automotive Technician Training Program
Can you believe more computer technology exists in today’s cars than in the first Apollo spacecraft? That’s why you need hands-on training to work on today’s modern and sophisticated automobiles in a real-world automotive repair facility.
At IntelliTec College, our certified and experienced instructors have a real passion for the automotive industry and strive to prepare you to become a qualified automotive technician. You’ll learn to analyze, troubleshoot and repair vehicles, skills that are needed by specialty and master technicians.
Next Start Date: Sep 30thAutomotive Technician Albuquerque Intellitec College - Albuquerque Campus 5001 Montgomery Blvd, NE - Suite A24 Albuquerque NM USA 87109
What Does an Automotive Technician Do?
Automotive Technicians perform maintenance (oil changes, fluid level checks, tire rotations, etc.) and repairs (brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors, etc.) on a variety of vehicle types, identify problems using diagnostic tools, test system and parts functionality, and provide solid customer service when explaining automotive issues and repairs.
Automotive Technician Job Opportunities
- Transmission Technician & Rebuilder
- Drivability Technician
- Automotive HVAC Technician
- Parts Professional or Sales
- Front-end Technician
- General Service Technician
- Brake Technician
- and more!
The Career Services is awesome. Joe Zeman helped me revamp my resume to match the needs of the Colorado area and landed me a great career at Carmax.
Is a Career as an Automotive Technician Right for You? Take the IntelliTec 'Automotive Technician Career Training Readiness Quiz'
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Automotive Technician Career Training Readiness score now >>
Salary Potential for Automotive Technicians
IntelliTec College provides career-training programs for entry-level positions. Salaries vary depending on geographic location, economic conditions, and willingness to relocate. Salaries by occupation and specific location can be found here. National figures for labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy are available here. You can also visit the campus career services department to learn where IntelliTec College graduates work and the beginning salaries in their respective careers.
How Is the Job Outlook for the Next 10 Years?
According to the US Department of Labor, job opportunities for qualified applicants with the right skills and education should be very good and those who complete formal postsecondary training programs or achieve ASE certification should enjoy the best job prospects.
When Do Automotive Technicians Usually Work?
The majority of automotive technicians are employed on a full-time basis. Some automotive service centers are open late or on weekends so technicians may have to work some evenings and weekends.
Get All the Important Details
Graduates will have the knowledge and skill to function effectively in an entry-level employment position within the automotive service and/or repair industries. Through the utilization of lectures/presentations, hands-on training, and real world automobiles in a simulated automotive repair facility environment, successful graduates will have demonstrated competency in working with brakes, suspension systems, manual and automatic transmissions, engine performance, starting and charging systems, climate control systems, emissions, and running and interpreting diagnostic and troubleshooting routines. Personal and shop safety practices will be emphasized and practiced throughout this training experience. Upon successful completion, the graduate will be prepared to sit for various ASE and Snap-on certifications.
The Automotive Technician program is designed to give you the confidence and skills you need to succeed in your new career.
During your classes, you will:
- Get hands-on automotive training using Snap-on tools and diagnostics
- Design and assemble high performance engines at our Colorado Springs campus
- Learn light diesel engine repair at our Albuquerque, Grand Junction, and Pueblo campuses
- Receive personalized instruction from ASE and Snap-on certified instructors. (Not all instructors are ASE and/or Snap-on certified)
- Prepare to sit for automotive certifications
Here’s what will you learn in the Associate of Occupational Studies Degree program:
Here’s what will you learn in the Automotive Technician Certificate program:
Automotive Industry Certifications
Students may have the opportunity to sit for the following certifications:
- ASE Student Certifications
- ASE Certification A1, A5, A6 (2 years of hands-on experience required)
- EPA Section 609 Refrigerant Recovery & Recycling Certifications
- Various Snap-On Certifications (degree students only)
After Graduation Certifications
After successfully completing your training at IntelliTec College, you will be well on your way to being prepared to sit for these automotive certification exams:
- ASE Certifications (Engine Repair, Automatic Transmission/Transaxle, Manual Drive Train & Axles, Suspension & Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, Heating & Air Conditioning, Engine Performance, Light Vehicle Diesel Engines)
- Snap-on S-Tech Certifications (S-Tech Shop Key Repair Database, S-Tech Hand Tool Safety, S-Tech Electrical Tool Safety, S-Tech 504/604 Multimeter, S-Tech Ethos, S-Tech Modis, S-Tech Vantage Pro, S-Tech Solus Pro, Snap-On Certification: S-Tech Verus, S-Tech Solus Ultra)
Is Hands-On Training for a Career as an Automotive Technician Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether IntelliTec College’s training programs and career opportunities in the Automotive industry are right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful IntelliTec College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.