Get the Skills to Be a Professional Electrical Technician
10.5 Month* Hands-On Electrical Technician Training Program in Colorado Springs
Every community needs electrical work, which is why becoming an Electrical Technician is a smart career choice. It’s an extremely hands-on field, and there are many private and public sector opportunities available as you go from apprentice to master.
The Electrical Technician program from IntelliTec Colorado Springs enables you to build the skills and confidence you need to succeed in a career in the electrical field. With practical, hands-on training, small class sizes, and job placement assistance, you will feel prepared and supported to pursue your career goals upon graduation.
What Does an Electrical Technician Do?
Electrical Technicians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, communications and control systems. They ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. They may install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
What Knowledge Will You Gain Through IntelliTec Colorado Springs?
Employers seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Electrical Coding – Making it possible to plan and execute projects.
- Conduit Bending – One of the fundamental tasks of the electrical construction industry.
- Wiring Installation – Installation of cabling and associated devices like switches, distribution boards, socket, and light fittings.
- Motors and Transformer Systems.
- Grounding and Bonding
- Raceways and Boxes
- Services, Feeders and Branch Circuits
- Overcurrent Protection
- Conductors and Cables
Colorado Springs Electrical Technician Job Opportunities
As a successful graduate of this program, you’ll be fully prepared to pursue a variety of interesting positions, including:
- Maintenance Technician
- Electrical Service Technician
- Electrical Repair Technician
- Maintenance/Service Technician
Upon licensure or registration, additional positions include:
- Control Technician
- Residential Wireman
- Inside Wireman
- Journeyman Electrician
Is a Career as an Electrical Technician Right for you? Take the IntelliTec ``Trades Career Training Readiness`` Quiz
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Trades Career Training Readinss Score Now!
Electrical Technician Salary Potential
IntelliTec Colorado Springs provides career-training programs for entry-level positions. Salaries vary depending on geographic location, economic conditions, and willingness to relocate. Salaries by occupation and specific location can be found on the O*NET website. National figures for labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy are available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. You can also visit the campus career services department to learn where IntelliTec College graduates work and the beginning salaries in their respective careers.
How Is the Job Outlook for the Next 10 Years?
According to the US Department of Labor, job opportunities for qualified applicants with the right skills and education should be very good and those who complete formal postsecondary training programs or achieve CPC Certification should enjoy the best job prospects.**
Employment (2018) – 715,400 employees
Projected growth (2018-2028) – Faster than average (7% to 10%)
Projected job openings (2018-2028) – 94,600
When Do Electrical Technicians Usually Work?
The majority of Electrical Technicians are employed on a full-time basis. It is common to work on weekends and some holidays.
Get All the Important Details
Electrical Technician Certificate in Colorado Springs
The Electrical Technician program in Colorado Springs is designed for students to develop the skills and knowledge for entry-level employment as an Electrical Technician, Electrical Repair Technician or Residential Wireman in the residential, commercial and construction industry. Successful graduates will be prepared to register as an apprentice, as well as, sit for the Residential Wireman exam provided by the Division of Professions and Occupations Colorado Electrical Board upon completion of required work experience of 4,000 hours.
Program length: 10.5 Months*
Hands-on skills students learn in the classroom and lab settings include:
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Test electrical systems or continuity or circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
Here’s what will you learn in the Colorado Springs Electrical Technician Certificate program:
Is Hands-On Training for a Career as an Electrical Technician in Colorado Springs Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in exploring whether IntelliTec Colorado Springs’ educational training programs for career opportunities in the Electrical industry are right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful IntelliTec College Admissions Representative will be happy to answer any questions you have about IntelliTec Colorado Springs and can help with everything from determining the right career path for you to discussing financial aid options.
*Program length when completed in normal time.
**https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/47-2111.00. Visited on 10/19/2020 at 13:00.