What is Career Training Kickoff?
Career Training Kickoff (CTK) is a three-day orientation will help you connect, prepare and grow. You’ll meet your program supervisor, instructors and other faculty such as the career services staff. You’ll also have a chance to meet new classmates through fun, interactive activities. We’ll prepare you for success in college by learning important skills such as time management, study skills, goal setting and an introduction to the classroom setting. Finally, you’ll grow personally through financial literacy, self-exploration and perspective.
Over the course of the training, students will experience the following:
- Introduction to the Career Edge curriculum
- Meet campus staff
- Learn educational and personal success strategies presented by each campus department
- Understand campus resources available to enhance the learning experience
- Review basic computer and writing skills
- Understand learning styles and study habits
- Meet classmates and gain the confidence to start class
When is CTK?
CTK occurs the week prior to the start of each term and it typically Monday through Wednesday. Each class session is three hours in length from 9:00am – 12:00pm in the morning or 5:00pm – 8:00pm in the evening based on the students chosen class schedule.
What is Career Edge?
Career Edge is a book and online platform that provides tools and resources to help students succeed in their education, finding a career, and joining the workforce.
Career Edge offers the following:
- Resume Building and ePortfolio
- Study Habits and Learning Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Personal Branding
- Job Interview Skills
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
IntelliTec College is committed to excellent career training. CTK provides resources and information to improve your educational experience and help you succeed not only in school but also in your chosen career.